South Africa has many business entity types available for entrepreneurs to choose from. As a bookkeeping/ accounting practitioner you can increase your income by becoming a Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) customer who registers businesses on behalf of clients.
In this webinar, join Russel Ngobeni as he takes you through the steps of registering a company correctly through the CIPC. Russel will also discuss what you need to do in order for the registered company to remain compliant. Failure by a registered company to follow CIPC requirements may lead to the entity incurring penalties/ fines or even face de-registration!
By the end of this event the participant should understand:
- How to choose the correct type of business out of the options available;
- How to register the chosen business type correctly and cost-effectively;
- How to create and maintain an online profile with the CIPC; and
- How to keep the registered company CIPC compliant.
The webinar will cover the following topics in detail:
- The legal business entity types available in South Africa.
- Overview of the key differences between the business types.
- How to register the chosen business type with the CIPC.
- Documents required for registration.
- Remaining compliant - filing iXBRL annual returns.
- Drawing up an organisational structure.
- Setting up marketing strategies.
- Formulating company policies.
- Further considerations:
- Registration for income tax;
- Registration for VAT;
- Getting a Tax Clearance Certificate;
- Getting a BEE certificate; and
- Opening a bank account.
- Poor financial management practices to avoid.
Obtaining your CPD certificate
Attendance of this 2-hour webinar will accrue 2 CPD hours for members of a relevant professional body such as ACCA, SAICA, AAT, SAIPA, SAIBA, IAC, CIS, ICBA, LSSA, FPI, and the IBA. The SAAA CPD policy is compliant with IFAC IES7 and is recognised by SAICA, AAT, SAIPA, SAIBA, IAC, CIS and others.
Complete the free online assessment at the end of the event and receive an additional 1 CPD hour.
Who should attend
The following persons will benefit from attending this webinar:
- Bookkeeping practitioners;
- Professional Accountants including: RA(SA), CA(SA),PA(SA) and BAP(SA);
- Tax practitioners;
- Accounting officers.
- Tax practitioners.
- Practice support staff.
- R 399.00 - Online admission - Individual.
- R 699.00 - Online admission - Company.
- Choose Individual if you would like to attend this event yourself or choose Company if you would like to share this event to with your entire firm.
- This webinar is free if you are already a SAAA Certified Bookkeeper CPD subscriber.
- Click here to find out about the Technical Resource Centre & CPD Subscription options.
- Click here to create a profile and then register for the event (There is no charge to create a user profile and gain access to our free Monthly Practice Management Series).
By attending this webinar you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation,
- Detailed course material and reference documents.
- You can ask questions during the webinar via the online portal, and you will also have access to me the presenter via e-mail after the webinar.